Our purpose statement for Worship in Kingscliff is to "Glorify God through Biblical Spirit-filled Worship". We try our best in our limited scope and human capacity to bring to God the kind of worship that He is deserving of, a worship focused and centered around the opening of the Bible.
Seventh-day Adventists choose to worship God because we believe He is our Creator who deserves praise and honour. Exodus 20:11 says "... in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but He rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."
We believe that Saturday is a special day set aside for humanity, since the beginning of the world, to spend time worshipping and honouring God. We can of course worship God in many different ways; it can be through Bible study, prayer, singing praises to Him or simply (and sometimes most powerfully) through the way we life. We can do this at a personal level or meet together with fellow believers.
When and How?
We invite you to join us for our church worship on Saturday morning at 11:00am to praise God and to learn more about Him. You are welcome to sit anywhere during the worship program - there are no set seats - and we don't have a 'dress code' either. If you're comfortable, we're happy!
Note that we also have small group Bible study time called Sabbath School that takes place at 9.30am before the main church worship time so feel free to join us then!
Following is an example of a typical weekly church services -
- Song Service - singing of contemporary Christian songs or hymns and praises to God.
- Offering - for local running costs or mission projects. This is totally voluntary so please don't feel obliged at all to give!
- Children's Story - a short story is told to teach the Children about an aspect of the Bible.
- Special Item - This can be a musical item or even a drama performance on an aspect or story in the Bible.
- Scripture Reading - a passage of the Bible is read that is relevant to the sermon
- Sermon- The local pastor or a guest speaker will share a message with the congregation on God's Word
- Closing Song
- Benediction - the preacher closes the service with prayer.
We typically have a BYO picnic lunch at various locations (click here for more info), and once every 4-6 weeks we have a combined luncheon at the church. If you're visiting and didn't bring any food with you, please don't hesitate to stay as there will be plenty to go around!! It's the perfect opportunity to meet new people or just to catch up with friends!